[EventCalendar] Wordpress 2.0 to be released next week.

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Thu Dec 1 15:53:36 UTC 2005

Dear EventCalendarers,

Darrell Schulte pointed me towards the IRC Wordpress dev meetup. I sat
in on it yesterday, and photomatt suggested that 2.0 could be released
as early as next week.

He seemed proud of the fact that they'd kept the changed "somewhat
under wraps". This seems a bizarre boast to me - it just makes my job
as a plugin developer that much harder. Oh well.

So, the plan for EventCalendar seems clear:
   EC3.0.x     will continue for a while to support WP1.5 users.
   EC3.1-beta  will be for WP1.5 to start with.
   EC3.1-final WILL ONLY SUPPORT WP2.0.

I've an obligation to support EC3.1 on WP1.5 for designspot.org. I'll
do that for a while by maintaining a backport patch, even if EC3.1 is
released before designspot upgrades. To start with, I'll probably make
the WP1.5 version available, to encourage folks to try it out without
having to update to WP2.0.

General question: How many people run Wordpress on a windows server?
(Applying patches is a pain on windows.)

Comments?