[EventCalendar] Adjusting my EventCalender Plugin

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Fri Dec 2 11:42:54 UTC 2005

Hi Tony,

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 02:46:16 +0000 (GMT)
Tony Wright <wrightside at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for the creation of Event
> Calender. I'm running the plugin in the sidebar of my
> site www.rapnews.co.uk and would appreciate any help
> on the following.
>
> 1) I would like to change the red colour of the
> display to something easier on the eye. Where do I
> define this? I've looked in the .css and couldn't see
> where...

Change this bit in wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/ec3.css:

.ec3_eventday a {
 color:#a00 !IMPORTANT;
}

> 2)When the visitor clicks on a date which has an event
> attached (indicated by the red/different colour) I
> want the page to be loaded to show the event's post,
> not the event catagory/archieve.

I don't think it makes sense to do that. What happens if that day has more than one post?

I can see why people keep asking for this. Personally, I think the best solution would be to get the archive template to redirect to the post page if the loop only contains a single post. That's beyond the scope of the EC plugin though.

> 3) When I skip to the previous or future months, a
> strange white dot appears in between the two links at
> the bottom. What is this and can I get rid of it?

I can't find the calendar on your page, so I can't see what you're talking about. You are probably talking about the 'spinner' - it's an animated GIF that is turned on while we're waiting for the next month to load. The file is wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/wait.gif. Perhaps the GIF doesn't look right on your background?

To disable the spinner just comment out (//) wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/ec3.js line 202. So that it looks like this...

 //   set_spinner(1);

regards