[EventCalendar] Beta 2 and styling

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sat Dec 3 13:15:11 UTC 2005

Hi Richard,

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:17:23 +0000
Richard Brown wrote:

> First of all Maira has solved the beta 2 issue. Take a look at:
> <http://www.lostwithiel.org.uk/>

Well, it works but there are loads of problems with that site on my browser (Firefox on Linux). The calendar stretches beyond its bounding box, and the popups appear BEHIND the background!

I already know about the popup issue - my CSS needs to specify a high z-index.

> You will see event calendar running without any problems! Well almost.
> I have some styling of the site issues and also some calendar issues!
>
> Please could someone explain to me how I might style the calendar and

The calendar's CSS is in wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/ec3.css. You can edit that or (better) supply your own CSS. Look at the  FAQ: "Can I supply my own CSS?" here:

  http://blog.firetree.net/2005/07/18/eventcalendar-30/

> also how I might display the events listing on a page and link through
> to it. I am sorry if this has all been covered, I just didn't
> understand the instructions very well.

Why can't you use the Event category listing page?

 http://www.lostwithiel.org.uk/category/events/

Just turn on "Keep Events Separate", and it will list all the upcoming events, starting with the nearest.