[EventCalendar] EventCalendar and Wordpress 2.0

Manuel Friedli manuel at friedli.is-a-geek.net
Sat Dec 31 10:47:46 UTC 2005

Hi Richard

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Manuel
>
> On 30 Dec 2005, at 17:13, Manuel Friedli wrote:
>
>> i love this plugin, and i really want to use it in wordpress 2.0.
>> unfortunately, the structure of the database has changed slightly
>> compared to WP 1.5. so i've created a patch that should fix the problem
>> for wordpress 2 (need to patch eventcalendar3.php). maybe there's a
>> better way to do it, but it works for me, so i send it anyway.
> I love this plugin as well which was why I was so glad you posted this
> patch. But (isn't there always a but! - sorry) I have added the patch
> and loaded it to this site:
> http://www.theriverchurch.info/
> and as you can see it is working in the calendar. Head to January and
> you'll see an event dated for the 8th (there is one for the 1st but I
> don't know when you'll be reading this!). However, it doesn't show in
> the events bit below and also when you click on the category events you
> get a not found!
>
> Any ideas please.
>
> Many thanks and a Happy New Year to all on the list.

Well, it's working like a charm on my site that i've set up for testing
WP 2.0. Have you made sure that you selected the correct caregory for
Events (top-most option in the EventCalendar options page)? I don't know
what else could be the problem.
Also, if you choose to "Keep Events Separate", i've found that they
don't show up in the archives. They only do if you choose that "Events
are Normal Posts". But then, still only events in the past are shown in
the archive, so you might have to wait till tomorrow for the first event
to appear there.

I hope this helps.
Happy New Year!