[EventCalendar] Re: Wordpress / Blog URI

Aleksey Baulin keshonok at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 16:09:36 UTC 2005

--- Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2005, at 12:00, Aleksey wrote:
> > Alex, nice to have you back. Regarding the item (2) in my previous
> > post: The URL scheme you use should work fine as I see it now.
> > Basically it is the original, or 'default", or 'internal' WP's URL
> > scheme. Now, what does not quite works is that it appears you do not
> > differentiate between 'WordPress URI' and 'Blog URI'. It appears that
> > you always use the former, while you should be using the latter.
> > Please take a look at WP 1.5.2's
> > 'wp-includes/template-functions-general.php' lines 71-76. The way it
> > is now, the links you generate on my site point to /wp/index.php?,
> > while they should point to /index.php? as per my configured 'Blog
> > URI'. Hope that helps.
>
> I've just double checked and I always use get_settings('siteurl').
> That's the same as get_bloginfo('wpurl'). I *believe* that's the
> correct URI.
>
> So, can you tell me where you think it's going wrong?

Sure, I will try to explain again.

My configured "WordPress address (URI)" is "http://www.hashdef.com/wp".
Configured "Blog address (URI)" is "http://www.hashdef.com", which
is different. This is in "Options->General" of the WordPress
1.5.2 Administration Panel.

Now, the links your application generates are as following.
For the current month it generates the link that is conformant
to my configured permalink scheme (Options->Permalinks). The
"/blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%post_id%/". The link that you
generate on my site for the current month that you generate is
"http://www.hashdef.com/blog/date/2005/11/".
When I click on "Prev" link to get the calendar for the previous
month, the link for that month on my site is changed to the WP's
default link structure (NOT permalink), and looks as follows:
"http://www.hashdef.com/wp/index.php?year=2005&monthnum=10".
This very inconsistence is disturbing by itself, as in my opinion
all links should be permalinks, or at least be the same everywhere.

So as you see in the link above that does not conform to the
already noted above, my "Blog Address (URI)" is different, and
the index.php is actually located at "/index.php", and not in
the WordPress directory. That's the difference I was talking
about.

If you take a look at the WP's source file and the lines that
I mentioned in the first message, you will see different cases.
You seem to use "get_settings('siteurl')" everywhere, while I
have a feeling you should be using "get_settings('home')" where
appropriate. At least that's what would probably work on my site.

Hope this helps.

Aleksey.