[EventCalendar] Re: Various questions.

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Nov 14 16:48:05 UTC 2005

Aleksey,

On 14 Nov 2005, at 16:31, Aleksey Baulin wrote:

>>> 6/ Be advised that the moving cursor box does not work in Internet
>>> Explorer. That's how IE works, and is hardly your bug. I have the
>>> same
>>> behaviour in my tables.  :)
>>
>> I don't understand this. What is the 'moving cursor box'?
>
> When the mouse cursor is hovering over any day in the calendar,
> the calendar shows a [bounding] box around that particular day's
> '<td>'. It is not shown in IE because IE does not understand
> ':hover' in CSS on anything other than '<a>'. It moves as you
> move the cursor from one day to another. Sorry for not providing
> a better term to this.

Right. Yes, I'd observed that.

Personally, I'm not too worried about supporting all the bells &
whistles in IE. I don't see why I should jump through hoops to avoid
making MS's shitty product not look shitty. As long as everything is
functionally OK in IE, I tend to call it job done.