[EventCalendar] siteurl vs home

Rusty Smith rusty.smith at auburn.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:28:55 UTC 2005

Hi Alex - thanks for your reply. The reason we have moved the index out of
the WordPress file is to mask the location of these files and to make the
address to the blog map cleanly to a "pretty" url. I *think* this is an ok
thing to do as far as WordPress is concerned as it is the first option
available under "options" in the admin panel and the instructions are
clearly laid out in the codex and the "official" install instructions how to
do so. (See http://wordpress.org/docs/installation/different-address/).
There is a good chance that there something that I am missing or don't
understand though... if so please let me know as I would like to insure the
long-term viability of this particular install...

At any rate, Sibo's edits to the plug-in seem to have done the trick, with
the only caveat that the calendar does not make pretty permalinks - I never
noticed if it did prior to this mod though?

If these edits do turn out to be ok in the long run I do think that you are
absolutely right that the plugin should work out of the box like it does
now, with maybe some instructions on how to mod it to work in the other.

As always, thanks for the tremendous support, Alex, and please do let me
know if there is something dumb that I am missing.

Rusty Smith