[EventCalendar] siteurl vs home

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Nov 30 14:38:28 UTC 2005

Hi Rusty,

On 30 Nov 2005, at 13:28, Rusty Smith wrote:
> Hi Alex - thanks for your reply. The reason we have moved the index
> out of
> the WordPress file is to mask the location of these files and to make
> the
> address to the blog map cleanly to a "pretty" url. I *think* this is
> an ok
> thing to do as far as WordPress is concerned as it is the first option
> available under "options" in the admin panel and the instructions are
> clearly laid out in the codex and the "official" install instructions
> how to
> do so. (See http://wordpress.org/docs/installation/different-address/).
> There is a good chance that there something that I am missing or don't
> understand though... if so please let me know as I would like to
> insure the
> long-term viability of this particular install...

Thanks for the link. That's just what I was looking for. I think we're
both right. It says this:

   "2. Copy the index.php file from the wordpress directory
       into the root of your site."

So, my question stands. Why are you *moving* the index.php file? Why
not follow these instructions and leave the original where it was?

On the other hand. I also think that I do need to change my code a bit.
I've put it on the to do list.

Just so we're clear. We're talking about a setup like this, right?...

  http://example.com/index.php  <-- your new index.php
  http://example.com/wordpress/ <-- dir with WP files.

Your link also says this: "Change your Blog address to be
http://example.com"

So now:
  'Wordpress address' = siteurl = http://example.com/wordpress
  'Blog address'      = home    = http://example.com

-Alex

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!