[EventCalendar] iCal subscriptions fail in 3.1_pre11 if PHP is configured to show warnings

Darrell Schulte d at schulte.mn
Fri Aug 11 19:50:00 UTC 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 7:12 AM, John Yeates wrote:

> iCal subscriptions fail in 3.1_pre11 if PHP is configured to show
> warnings, as it generates warnings about missing parameters when
> calling ec3_filter_query_vars and ec3_filter_query_vars_vcal.
>
> As a temporary fix, I tried adding a default to the parameters in
> the function definition, thus:
>
> function ec3_filter_query_vars($wpvarstoreset = array())
>
> but, although I now get a .vcs file downloaded, iCal thinks there's
> nothing in it, and then starts getting very crashy and unreliable
> until the subscription is deleted again.
>
> Possibly defaulting it to an empty array was the wrong thing to do :)
>
> Does anybody know what's going wrong? The offending calendar's at
> http://www.westernsussexcamra.org.uk/?ec3_vcal

John,

Is this the sort of error you saw?

Warning: Missing argument 1 for ec3_filter_query_vars_vcal(), called
in C:\wamp\www\blogs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\eventcalendar3
\eventcalendar3.php on line 288 and defined in C:\wamp\www\blogs
\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\eventcalendar3\eventcalendar3.php on
line 336

Hopefully you've been following Holly's calendar issues. I did
subscribe to your calendar (briefly) and it is crashy.

Is everyone experiencing odd behavior with subscribing their
calendars to iCal? I'm not, but I find it strange how my iCal
subscription is fine, but you and Holly are not using pre11.

Darrell Schulte
http://schulte.mn