[EventCalendar] iCal subscriptions fail in 3.1_pre11 if PHP is configured to show warnings

John Yeates eventcalendar at westernsussexcamra.org.uk
Sat Aug 12 11:14:17 UTC 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 20:50, Darrell Schulte wrote:
> John,
>
> Is this the sort of error you saw?
>
> Warning: Missing argument 1 for ec3_filter_query_vars_vcal(),
> called in C:\wamp\www\blogs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins
> \eventcalendar3\eventcalendar3.php on line 288 and defined in C:
> \wamp\www\blogs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\eventcalendar3
> \eventcalendar3.php on line 336
>
> Hopefully you've been following Holly's calendar issues. I did
> subscribe to your calendar (briefly) and it is crashy.
>
> Is everyone experiencing odd behavior with subscribing their
> calendars to iCal? I'm not, but I find it strange how my iCal
> subscription is fine, but you and Holly are not using pre11.

I installed a stock version of pre11, and I now get this again:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for ec3_filter_query_vars_vcal() in /home/
wscamra/wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/eventcalendar3.php on line 336

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/wscamra/wp-content/plugins/eventcalendar3/
eventcalendar3.php:336) in /home/wscamra/wp-content/plugins/
eventcalendar3/eventcalendar3.php on line 345

about 6 lines before the VCAL output appears (not sure if this is
valid or not - it looks OK):
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:WesternSussexCAMRA
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:Social, Chichester
URL;VALUE=URI:http://www.westernsussexcamra.org.uk/archives/
12_meeting-2005-09-20/
DURATION:PT3H
DTSTART:20050920T204513Z
DTEND:20050920T204513Z
END:VEVENT
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:Maypole Beer Festival
URL;VALUE=URI:http://www.westernsussexcamra.org.uk/archives/
26_maypole-beerfest-oct05-2-2/
DURATION:PT3H
DTSTART:20050921T173115Z
DTEND:20050921T173115Z
END:VEVENT

So, the same sort of problem that Holly's having, albeit without the
SQL errors.

I can remove the errors either by setting defaults, as I mentioned in
my previous message, or by prefixing the call to
ec3_filter_query_vars_vcal() with an @ sign so PHP suppresses the
warning, but this produces a seemingly valid calendar file that
causes iCal to hide all appointments in all calendars when subscribed
to. At least it didn't crash this time :)

My ISP, ever up-to-date, is running PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.0.24, if
that helps.

(and sorry, Darrell, if you get this twice - Mail helpfully defaulted
to sending it from an address that wasn't authorised to post to the
list :)

Thanks
--
JY