[EventCalendar] Invalid argument : comments-popup.php

Chris Dotson chris at waitinglinetheory.com
Thu Feb 2 10:45:11 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have popup comments set up and when I try to access the popup through
the 'comments_popup_link' on my blog page I get this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
foo/bar/wp-content/themes/mytheme/comments-popup.php on line 4

Line 4 in this file is:
foreach ($posts as $post) { start_wp();

-which is the exact line found in the other themes

I only get this error for posts from my 'event' categories.  If i have
this category set as 'Keep Separate' I get the error for all posts in
this category, past and future.  If I change the setting to 'Events are
Normal Posts' then all past 'event' posts work properly, but the future
events still give the error.

I wonder if it has something to do with how EC makes WP ignore that
category, but I don't know what to do to fix it.  I am able to post a
comment from the post's inline comments area, at the permalink location,
but not from the main page through the popup, so it seems that there is
a specific issue with the popups and not with the commenting, but I am
not really positive

anyway, I've searched all through the Wordpress support and only found a
couple posts asking abt this similar error, but no solutions have been
provided...maybe this is a larger WP issue and not something that can be
fixed through EC, but I doubt I'm the only one whose come up against
this...?

In case this is helpful I am using:
Wordpress 2.0
Event Calendar 3.0.3
Wordpress Backup Database 1.7

Is there anyone who has ideas on this one? I'd hate to have to stop
using the popups...they're so cool

thanks for any help,
chris