[EventCalendar] xhtmlreq bugging out?

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Fri Feb 10 21:06:44 UTC 2006

Hi Xander,

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:27:51 -0500
LXander Synaptic <lxander at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all... I joined for a bit of support :) love the plugin, but it
> gets tricky at times...
>
> Right now the bug I'm wrestling with has to do with the automagically
> updating calendar. With 3.0 I am able to cycle back and forth as
> expected. With 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 the timer hangs and the request status
> is never bumped to 200 (found out with some tiring trial and error
> with alert()). Has this come up before? Does this list have an
> archive? Or should I go into further detail...

Try just feeding the XmlHTTPRequest URL directly into your browser. It's usually something like:

 http://www.your.site.com/?ec3_xml=2005_09

Does it work? Is the EC Javascript using the correct URL? Some people have had problems just with certain months, because those months have events with titles that contain accented characters.

> Plus! Some feature requests!
> First off, it would be great to have another parameter in the calendar
> list function to show past events as well as upcoming. Additionally,
> being able to specify that only events matching a specific custom
> field are displayed opens up the door to having regional events, and
> much more I'm sure. I've successfully coded both these features into
> my version of the code but I think they'd make nice features for the
> legit version of this plugin :)

Some good ideas there. Would you care to share them? Let's see the code!

If you can make a patch, then I'd consider merging it.