[EventCalendar] Separating Event Dates and Post Dates

Benjamin Bellamy benjamin.bellamy at free.fr
Fri Feb 17 16:35:08 UTC 2006

Hi !

EventCalendar is a great plugin, very well done.

But according to me, one thing is missing : it is not possible to separate event
dates and post Dates.

I assume I'm not the only one that has this issue : I'd like to be able to write
 an article today (2006-02-16), but this article is about an event that will
occur later (let's say 2006-12-25), and I'd like the event Calendar to use the
second date (2006-12-31).

So my question is : is this feature planned to be done ?

If not, I will add a custom field "event_date" to my event posts and modify the
SQL queries so that they use this custom field event_date instead of the
post_date and post_date_gmt fields.
Any better idea ?

Ben.