[EventCalendar] Separating Event Dates and Post Dates

Paolo Gabrielli paolo.gabrielli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:01:23 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Benjamin Bellamy <benjamin.bellamy at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> EventCalendar is a great plugin, very well done.
>
> But according to me, one thing is missing : it is not possible to separate event
> dates and post Dates.
>
> I assume I'm not the only one that has this issue : I'd like to be able to write
>  an article today (2006-02-16), but this article is about an event that will
> occur later (let's say 2006-12-25), and I'd like the event Calendar to use the
> second date (2006-12-31).
>
> So my question is : is this feature planned to be done ?
>
> If not, I will add a custom field "event_date" to my event posts and modify the
> SQL queries so that they use this custom field event_date instead of the
> post_date and post_date_gmt fields.
> Any better idea ?
>
> Ben.

I think this is an hot question. In fact this is what the WP-iCal
does: it has a field in the admin to put your future begin and stop
dates.
Your reasoning seems fine: I usually write a post that talks about a
future event so I would like to have my .ics pointing to that event,
but I would like to have my post have $now as post_date...

Thankyou,
P.