[EventCalendar] Separating Event Dates and Post Dates

Benjamin Bellamy benjamin.bellamy at free.fr
Sat Feb 18 18:53:24 UTC 2006

I couldn't wait so I did it. :-)

You may download the modified plugin here :
http://benjamin.bellamy.free.fr/eventcalendar3.txt

To use it, just choose to separate event dates and post dates on the
EventCalendar option panel and add a custom event_date field to your post.

I tried to do it as properly as I could. (I didn't try to optimize the
code so that it remains understandable and similar to the original.)

I added a new option parameter "Separate Event Dates and Post Dates"
($show_time_event).

You may find out that the plugin doesn't work anymore on some old mysql
versions (only when you when you choose to separate event dates and post
dates) since I introduced a "left join" in the sql queries. The purpose
of this is to use the post_date field when no custom event_date field is
available.

One more thing : I added a "Show time event" option parameter in order
to be able to hide time event on the calendar view, since the
ec3_get_calendar() function does not allow a $template_event parameter
like the ec3_get_events function does. (I should have added a
$template_event parameter to the ec3_get_calendar() function instead,
but it seemed so hard to do and I felt so lazy... ;-)

I tested it successfully on wp2, MySQL 4.1.15, php 4.3.10.

Feel free to use it, modify it, distribute it, correct the grammar
mistakes...

Ben.