[Fwd: Re: [EventCalendar] Re: vcal output error apparantly?]

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Feb 20 16:39:48 UTC 2006

Malcolm,

> I can confirm that simply changing 2.0 to 1.0 doesn't help.  I've also
> discovered the standard is 148 pages long (eek) but will have a look a
> bit later.

I've looked at the standard before now. To be honest, I think I read it
more than the application developers bothered to. Many things that are
defined in the standard seem to not be implemented in practise.

The only approach I've found effective is to examine the actual files
that various applications accept.

> Alex - what are the implications for everywhere else that you have
> used this construct in the sql?  Would you expect other operations not
> to work, and if so which ones as I'll take a look.

In another post on this topic, I quoted the piece of the MySQL manual
that I thing pins down the problem. It should only be a problem in a
select that uses a comma-style join AND an outer join. That's not too
common, so it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!