[EventCalendar] CSS Validation problem

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Jan 9 22:20:46 UTC 2006

Alwyn,

Aylwin Cal <aylwin.cal at gmail.com> wrote:
> This whole validation thing is new to me.  I just got the HTML validation
> done and now I'm tryin to do the CSS.  I don't really understand much but I
> figure it's a good learning experience.  Anyway, I'm getting lots of errors
> which appear to be related to EventCalendar but I don't know how to fix
> them.  You can see them here:
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A//www.cal-family.org/
>
> I'd appreciate any help or advice on how to fix these errors.

The errors are really non-standard Microsoft extensions. I've used them to fool IE into approximating something like the same transparency effects you can see with other browsers. Browsers that don't understand the Microsoft crud just ignore it, but the validator (correctly) labels them as non-conformances.

I'm open to suggestions of how I can improve validator performance, yet preserve the functionality.