[EventCalendar] Try my new edit-post user interface.

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Oct 11 20:10:46 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I've noticed that some new users are having trouble creating events
using the edit-post screen. I've tested the user interface on some
friends of mine, and changed the design. The new version should be
easier to use. At least I hope it will be harder to get wrong!

I've checked in these changes, but I'd like to have someone try them out
before I put them into a release. If you want to have a go, you can get
the lastest version from Subversion, or you can just use the attached
files.

CHANGES

The "Schedule Editor" has been RENAMED "Event Editor". Since its name
now starts with the word "Event", new users are more likely to associate
it with the Event Calendar plug-in. Currenly, many new users edit the
"Post Timestamp", presumably because "Time" sounds like it should be
related to events in some way.

The (newly dubbed) Event Editor is now ALWAYS VISIBLE. New users often
failed to notice that the new control appeared when they selected the
event category.

The event category checkbox is now greyed-out. It is now managed by the
Event Editor - when there are events the event category checkbox is
ticked. When the post has no events the checkbox is cleared. This
removes one whole step for the task of making an event post.

What do you think?