[EventCalendar] Askimet compatibility problem (was 3.0.4 iCal DB corruption?)

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Fri Oct 13 08:16:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:15:37 -0400
"Jim Galley" <jim.galley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok - thru trial and error, I believe I have isolated the plugin
> causing the problem - Askimet 1.15.

My test copy of your site has Akismet 1.2.1 activated, and I see no
problems. I've looked through that plugin, and I can't see anything that
would cause the sort of main page rendering problems you've been seeing.

> Whenever it is active with EC 3.1 pre 16, things go bad quickly (see
> prior posts)
>
> That surprised me, for sure - but I don't think it is the only
> problem. In certain conditions, the sidebar will not appear on the
> first load, only to load fully once a page refresh (F5) is performed.
> And no joy with disabling Askimet & using spam karma 2 - same problem.

That's interesting.

I don't know what to say here. I'm baffled by your problem. Perhaps
someone else will encounter something similar.

> Also - I have activated the event calendar widget -3.1_pre16, but I do
> not see any widgets in the sidebar widgets section. Could be related -
> maybe not.

You mean that there are no widgets for you to select?

They seem to be on your site now. Have you hacked them in using the
"ExecPHP Widget"?