[EventCalendar] Release Candidate 3: v3.1._rc3

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Oct 23 22:16:04 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I've just uploaded Release Candidate 3. This only contains conservative
changes, since I'm working towards an imminent release. Thanks to
everyone who has downloaded the beta versions and reported problems.
Bugs would not get fixed without you guys.

The Dutch, German and Norwegian translation need looking at. I've
changed a few of the English strings since they were done, and it would
be nice to have the translations updated.

(In RC2) Fixes PHP5 incompatibility.

Changes to advances query syntax:
 ?ec3_after - NEW (equivalent to the old ?ec3_from)
 ?ec3_after=today - new 'today' syntax.

Now allows WP's query_posts() to be called multiple times per page.
Thanks to Jake McMurchie for reporting this bug.

Fixes ec3_get_events() so that it supports the $template_month and
$month_format parameters. These were previously documented, but not
actually implemented!

French translation. Thanks to Davy Morel.

There have been a couple of really good ideas floated over the last week
or so. I'd love to add them, but they'll have to wait for 3.2.

Karl Kolk suggested that the schedule box should be formatted like a
page from a desk-calendar. I really like that idea, but it would delay
the 3.1 release too much. It's been nearly a year, and I want to push it

Great idea though Karl. I'll have a think about it as soon as 3.1 is out:

 |    2006   |
 |       _   |
 |  /|  / \  |
 |   | |   | |
 |   | |   | |
 |  october  |

Diego Zamboni has posted a patch that allows event posts to be made
though e-mail gateways and the like. The post text would contain a
keyword that would be parsed and then made into a schedule. I don't
agree 100% with his suggested implementation, but the idea is great, and
I'll definitely put something like this in to 3.2.

If nobody finds any bugs in this release candidate, then it will become
version 3.1.0 by this time next week.