[EventCalendar] no posts in events page

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Oct 24 07:56:06 UTC 2006

Hi Mels,

Good problem, thanks for reporting it.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:22:21 +0800
"Ordinary Gal" <ordinarygal83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     When I clicked on the events page, I can't find my events post anymore.
> When I click on the dates in the calendar, it doesn't link me to the events
> either. It says posts not found.
>
>       What I did is I have a category and a page named "events" with the
> event page having a theme of "category-id#.php". This is suppose to work
> right?

You just changed your theme files? Nothing else?

Perhaps you could zip up your theme and tell us where it is on your
site. I'd like to see what you've done for myself.

Are you using the query_posts() anywhere. I've just fixed a bug that
meant you could only use it once.

> http://testzone.shanghaipinay.com/wordpress/events

How does this URL lead to the page in question? It's not a category
link. Have you made your own rewrite entry in .htaccess.

Patrick's found an interesting query on your site that's searching for
"category_id != 2"... NOT category 2.

I've investigated and you generate that by searching for category "-2".
I didn't realise that's possible. There are some obscure circumstances
where that might not work with EventCalendar.