[EventCalendar] Re: EventCalendar Digest, Vol 12, Issue 44

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Oct 25 18:43:04 UTC 2006

Hi Ray,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:55:38 -0700
ray <ray at robothouse.org> wrote:

> >     When you click on a day in the calendar, you want ALL of the posts for
> >     that day, right?

> Ok that makes sense.... but my links still list "site.com/?m=xxx"
> instead of "site.com/2006/10/25/" (note that points to the whole day.)
> This is how it's displayed on the calendar at http://wpcal.firetree.net/
> Wordpress is all set up for the standard date and name based links. I'm
> wondering if something would have to be tweaked somewhere in EC?

It's because you are using "Keep Events Separate" mode. Your day links
say something like this...

That's not just a date, it's also restricting by category. There's no
GET string.

That URL is generated by the day_link() function in
eventcalendar3/date.php. If you want to write your own event-day rewrite
rule, then just change the code in day_link() to match and hey presto!

> PS: EC rules it! Hopefully one day when I have more time I'd like to help
> develop on this plugin!

Thank you for saying so.