[EventCalendar] Re: Why a Plugins Submenu?

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Oct 31 16:24:57 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

Please join the mailing list:

On 31 Oct 2006, at 15:37, Mike Baptiste wrote:

> I'm curious why you chose to put the EventCalendar options in as a
> submenu of the Plugins tab. This makes your plugin unusable on
> WordPress-MU installs (since the Plugin tab is disabled) and also seems
> to go against the intent of that tab (most plugins have their options
> under the Options menu)

Good question. My stated reason was:

"Moved EventCalendar options screen from 'Options' to 'Plugins' section
in the admin interface. This should make it easier to find the tab
immediately after activating the plugin."

Does that make sense? I got the idea from the Askismet (sp?) plug-in.
I've never even heard of WordPress-MU, so I didn't take it into account
when I made the change.

Your objection seems well founded to me. I certainly don't want to cut
out a whole class of potential users. I think I'll move the tab back to
the 'Options' section as you suggest. Anybody else have an opinion?