[EventCalendar] How can I echo a url query from EC as a formatted date?

Matt Dawson matthewtdawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:14:24 UTC 2007

Hi developers!

You all are doing an amazing job with the plugin.

First off, I know next to nothing about PHP, so forgive me if there's a
simple answer - or no answer.

What I'd like to do is take the url query that is run each time a link on
the calendar gets clicked (ie. ?m=20070202&cat=3) and echo the date back
onto my page so it appears as a formatted date (ie. F j - or February 2).

The end result here would be that I could have a header on my index page
that updates based on the query that's currently being run. ("Events for
February 2" for example).

I tried to do this myself using $_GET['m'] and then chopping up the
resultant string and using mktime to format, but it just wasn't working out
for me. Again, I know next to nothing about PHP, so the fact it wasn't
working isn't a big surprise.

Thanks so much for your help!

Matt