[EventCalendar] ordering events category like upcoming list

npessoa at umich.edu npessoa at umich.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:51:08 UTC 2007

First off, thank you for this amazing plugin - it does exactly what I
need it to do for a concert calendar for a musician's site.

However, I'm in need of a little guidance in terms of customization. I
need the list of events to always be ordered just like the upcoming
events list (which works just fine in the sidebar). I added three new
events as a test, which appear correctly in the sidebar upcoming list:

February 19, 2007 (9:00 am)
April 1, 2007 (1:00 am)
October 5, 2007 (8:00 am)

(See http://www.harpjas.com/wp/?ec3_after=today&order=ASC for a working
example)

But when I created a link to the 'calendar' page by using
http://www.harpjas.com/wp/?ec3_after=today&order=ASC, the order gets
screwed up. It looks like WP is still ordering according to the most
recently edited post. Also, using the above query prevented the page
from validating.

The actual Events category is also not in the right order.

I'm sure there's a simple way to create a query for what I need, so
that the events are always listed from Now > Future, even when new
events are added or modified. I browsed the Archives and wasn't able to
find a solution, so any help is greatly appreciated!