[EventCalendar] Event Listing on sub page

Matt Dawson matthewtdawson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 21:15:18 UTC 2007

Certainly!

What I did was actually ridiculously simple. I created a WP Page, and paired
it with a page template that uses a specialized query_posts() call to filter
out non-event posts and order by event order.

The one caveat: I haven't taken the time to learn how WP Pages work. It
seems there's some kind of loop type call that allows me to do what I did in
the below code (ie. call the_title() outside of any loop that I built).

In any case, here's what I have in my page template file (emphasis added to
the pertinent call to query_posts()):

<h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>

<?php query_posts('ec3_after=today'); ?>

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<h3 class="event_title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"
rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>
<h4 class="event_date"><?php the_time('F j, Y'); ?></h4>

<?php the_content(__('More...')); ?>

<?php endwhile; else: ?>
soon!'); ?></p>
<?php endif; ?>

The result can be seen here: www.214arts.org/calendar

It's worth noting that I'm also using a function in my theme that
substitutes event date info for post date info for any post marked with my
events category. This allowed me to snag the event date by calling
the_time(). I got that trick from this mailing list, but I can repost if it
would be helpful to others.

Matt