[EventCalendar] javascript error when viewing other months in calendar

Rusty Smith rusty.smith at auburn.edu
Fri Feb 23 21:46:41 UTC 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Brian Lewandowski wrote:
> To get to my url, the user doesn't have to type the "www" as part
> of the url name so I had the name listed without it. However, most
> Internet users still generally type in the "www" as part of the web
> address. I was hoping that the plugin would work whether the "www"
> was listed in the url or not. Guess I will make sure the "www" is
> listed in the WordPress configuration since that is what would
> generally be typed in.
>
> Is this something that might be fixed in a future release? Whether
> the url has the "www" in the name should be invisible to the end
> user and hopefully shouldn't impact how a plugin works.

Brian and others that run into this problem:
This is NOT an EventCalendar problem, it actually breaks WordPress,
but most people do not realize it. If you want to see how it breaks
WordPress, log in to your blog at www.yourblog.com and then go to
yourblog.com (or vice versus) and you will see that you are no longer
logged in. You should decide whether you want www or not (I have no
dog in the fight, but you may want to check out no-www.org to hear
from folks that do). Then you paste the following lines into
your .htaccess file, changing the domain name to match that of your
site:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.domain\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

This should silently redirect any call to www.yoursite.com to
yoursite.com without the www. An added benefit is that any inbound
link to your site will redirect as well, which makes the searchbots
see your site as one instead of two, which should theoretically
increase your popularity for those that worry about such things.

The above works on apache servers, but if you are installed on a
windows IIS machine you may have to install any of the various
plugins that do a similar redirect: http://www.justinshattuck.com/
wordpress-www-redirect-plugin/ or http://photomatt.net/2006/06/13/
wordpress-no-www/ may work for you. I have not tried them, but give
them a shot and report back. They may only work on apache servers as
well. IIS probably has some sort of redirect capabilities, maybe
someone knows how to do that?

Alex - I don't see anything in the FAQ about this, but enough folks
ask this question maybe you could put something in there about it -
when you get time of course! ;-)

  Rusty