[EventCalendar] almost there -- mod_rewrite or custom page template for event list?

Stephanie Booth (bunny) bunnylists+wpcal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:06:35 UTC 2007

Hi, fine folks!

this morning I posted a plea for help on my blog, which Alex answered
to (many thanks):

http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2007/02/26/events-in-wordpress/
(contains details of my situation and problems and partial solutions)

The following page http://dev.vibrations.ch/?ec3_after=today&cat=18
does all I need, but it does have an ugly url. (I'd like that URL to
be /agenda/france )

I've tried mod_rewrite, adding the following before the WP stuff:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^/somethingpretty/?$ /?ec3_after=today&cat=18
</IfModule>

it doesn't work (I get a wordpress 404). Does anybody see how to fix it?

My other option is to create a WP Page and give it a custom template.
I'm unfortunately using a somewhat hacked version of the K2 theme, so
this is not totally straightforward. I've figured out I need to stick
query_posts('ec3_after=today&cat=18') somewhere, but I'm not quite
sure where in the loop, and I'm not quite sure what this does. And
there's the added trickiness of trying to display blog posts on a
Page.

Thanks for any help you can bring me!

Steph aka bunny

--