[EventCalendar] almost there -- mod_rewrite or custom page template for event list?

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Feb 26 17:30:16 UTC 2007

Hi Stephanie,

On 26 Feb 2007, at 13:06, Stephanie Booth (bunny) wrote:

> The following page http://dev.vibrations.ch/?ec3_after=today&cat=18
> does all I need, but it does have an ugly url. (I'd like that URL to
> be /agenda/france )
>
> I've tried mod_rewrite, adding the following before the WP stuff:
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ^/somethingpretty/?$ /?ec3_after=today&cat=18
> </IfModule>
>
> it doesn't work (I get a wordpress 404). Does anybody see how to fix
> it?

mod_rewrite is your best option (if you can get it to work).

Look at Wordpress' own rewrite rules and try to copy the form of them
from there. On my system, the pattern doesn't start with a '/', and the
replacement contains the 'index.php'. Perhaps you need something like
this...
   RewriteRule ^somethingpretty/?$ /index.php?ec3_after=today&cat=18