[EventCalendar] memory problem with latest wpcal (3.1.1 rc 1)

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Feb 26 17:30:45 UTC 2007

Hi Stephanie,

On 26 Feb 2007, at 16:18, Stephanie Booth (bunny) wrote:

> I'm on a host with nasty memory limits (don't ask, don't suggest, not
> in my power) and since I've installed rc1 the following happens when I
> try go to Manage in wp-admin:

How many posts does your site have? 8MB ought to be enough for anyone.

> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 50 bytes) in
> /home/www/6c5b0bdcc37f484a0d25fe34a900e386/web/dev/wp-content/plugins/
> eventcalendar3/eventcalendar3.php
> on line 54
>
> Line 54 says
>
> $posts[$i]->ec3_schedule=array();

There's nothing special about that line, it's just making an empty
array to store the event times.

Something is using up all of your memory, but it's probably
(hopefully?) not EC. Try turning off other plug-ins and see if that
makes a difference (just for testing, not permanently).

> which is somewhat chinese for me, and the reason it would interfere
> with listing my existing posts is beyond me.

The admin screen probably gets ALL of your posts rather than just 10 at
a time. It's loading more in, so that's why it's running out of memory.

> Suggestions? Bug?

It's a nasty problem. I really don't think EC is to blame. Perhaps you
could ask about memory problems over on the WP forum.