[EventCalendar] Hide Post Timestamp

Steve Winton stevewinton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:01:02 UTC 2007

Hi Marc,

Try this:

function mg_filter_the_date($the_date)
{
  global $ec3;
  $event_cat = get_option('ec3_event_category');
  if (!empty($ec3) && (in_category($event_cat) || is_category($event_cat)))
  {
    $the_date = ''; // An empty string!
  }
  return $the_date;
}
add_filter('the_date', 'mg_filter_the_date');
add_filter('the_time', 'mg_filter_the_date');

This is *untested*, but I've added a check to see that EC3 is installed,
since there's a dependency on the ec3_event_category option. Also, I've
renamed the function, to mg_filter_the_date, to help avoid any possible
naming conflicts! Hopefully that will work for you!

Cheers,
Steve