[EventCalendar] EC Bug

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Jan 2 22:01:17 UTC 2007

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:22:23 -0500
"Dave Sabol" <desabol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Two items for your consideration. The first is regarding my previous
> submission. Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough in discussing the
> ability to set comments and pings either on or off for items on the event
> calendar.

I've not kept a note of this. Send me a link to the previous post.

> The second is a potential bug. As I stated in my message yesterday, I have
> been adding a lot of events and doing a considerable amount of work on one
> of the sites I maintain that makes heavy use of EC. Everything seems to
> working really well with one exception. Lets assume you added a few events
> today (27 Dec 2006 at least here in the U.S.) for January. As expected
> everything goes in fine and calendar appears to be working as expected. The
> events show up on the small calendar as they should and display properly in
> the mouseover. Even if you were to click the event on the small calendar, it
> appears as it should.
>
> However, if you take notice to the page that displays the date you will
> notice that because WP uses either the "Date" template page (if you have
> one) or the "Archive Page" if you don't have a date page, the date displayed
> in the H2.pagetitle header is incorrect. WP is showing the date you actually
> posted the event, not the date that the event is taking place.
>
> You can witness this on the WP Calendar demo site (
> http://wpcal.firetree.net/). Go there and look at today's date and you will
> see that there is a "All Day" event scheduled. Now click on the date on the
> calendar and you will see that the header that is displayed is when you
> posted the event http://wpcal.firetree.net/2006/12/27/ not the actual event
> date but the date the event was posted. Do you think there is a way to
> replace the date that is produced with the date of the event(s)?

Hmm. That is unfortunate. Why does it do that - takes the date from the
first post of the page, perhaps?

I'm open to suggestions for a fix, but I can't see what EC-plugin can
do. It's the template that's generating that header.

> Furthermore, if you take a look at the list of upcoming events produced by
> the ec3_get_events function, and then click that link you will see that the
> url is also for the date that you posted the event, not the date of the
> event itself. That is a minor observation as it doesn't effect the
> functionality of the event calendar.

That's really by design. Whay would you like the URL to be if there are
two scheduled events on different days for the same post?

> Again, both of these issues can be worked around, but I thought you'd want
> to know about them if you weren't aware.

Well, cheers.