[EventCalendar] Re: Remove event date on excerpt

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Jan 2 22:12:47 UTC 2007

David,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:22:51 -0300
"david basulto" <dbasulto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex, maybe adding both options? just a couple of checkbox, won't hurt ;)

Options! Options! Everyone wants a new option.

My goal is to make EC as easy as possible to configure and use. To that
end, I want to keep the number of options down to a BARE MINIMUM.

If you know PHP and wordpress development then you can easily disable
filters like "the_excerpt" if you want. Most folk who aren't that
advanced would just get confused by a plethora of options.

I have to say, I'm quite pleased by the small number of straightforward
installation and configuration questions that make it to this list. The
simple interface seems to be achieving the desired effect.

For those of you with a taste for more knobs to twiddle - I'd rather see
EC start to call WordPress actions and filters of its own. Then it would
become possible for some of you to create plugins that use, modify and
enhance the EC-plugin's own features. Does that sound like a good idea?