[EventCalendar] Broken previous and next month links

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Jan 2 22:40:28 UTC 2007

Rusty,

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:47:26 -0500
Rusty Smith <rusty.smith at auburn.edu> wrote:

> Hi group - in one of my ec3 setups I have previous and next month
> links that are acting funny. Instead of simply advancing the
> calendar, these links are refreshing the whole page and showing the
> category archives. You can see it here: http://www.cadc.auburn.edu/
> soa - the offending calendar is in the sidebar. The code generated by
> the previous link in the broken calendar looks like:
> m=200612&amp;cat=3">«&nbsp;Dec</a></td>
>
> While the code in the working calendar looks like:
> ()">«&nbsp;Dec</a></td>
>
> I know this has got to be something simple that I am missing, but I
> just cannot see it - thanks in advance for any insight.
>
> Rusty

Check the FAQ... http://wpcal.firetree.net/faq/

Q. Why doesn't my dynamic calendar work? When I click 'next' it just
takes me to the next month's archive.

A. The JavaScript initialization hasn't run. It's possible that your
theme doesn't call wp_head() - try switching to the default theme.

It's more likely that another plug-in is grabbing the window.onload
event. Turn off your other plug-ins one at a time until you find the bad
one. Then contact that plug-in's author and ask them to fix the problem.
Post your findings to the mailing list too - I'd like to build a list of
incompatible plug-ins.