[EventCalendar] Double posts

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Jan 2 23:26:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:07:59 +0100
"Jørund Almås" <jalmaas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because if i post an event say today, it appears in the calendar both today
> and the day I set in the event settings.

...Just the same as on your front page. Why would you expect the
calendar to behave differently from the front page?

The blue entries in the calendar are days you made posts. The red
entries are events. When you make a new event, then you are making a
post (today) and making a new event (in the future), so you get two
entries in the calendar, one blue for today, and one red for the event.

If you click on a day in the calendar, you expect it to show you the
posts you made on that day. Why exclude event posts from that, when you
are not excluding them from showing up as normal posts on your front
page?

If you select the "keep events separate" option, then event posts don't
show on the front page, and the calendar contains *just* events. The two
types of post are kept separate.

You seem to want to treat them differently on the calendar but not on
the front page, which is a very unusual request.