[EventCalendar] Wordpress loop in Event order and repeating events options

Jeff Cole news2 at clear-vision.org
Tue Jan 9 20:23:13 UTC 2007

Hi Alex

You wrote on Tue, 2 Jan 2007:

>> I can't see any reference to this in the archives or maybe I have missed
>> it, but I would like to be able to display the Wordpress loop (for a
>> particular category) in event date order rather than by fiddling around
>> with the posting time of each event to fake this.
>>
>> Is there any present way that this can be done?
>
>If you use an advanced query, then you get the sort order you are after.
>The Event Category page is also sorted like that if you flick the "Keep
>Events Separate" switch on the Options page.

Thanks very much - that's very simple to use Keep Events Separate,
although it would be nice if they could be in event date order even if
they aren't separate from other posts. (I know you don't like extra
options though.)

I was wondering if it might be a useful improvement for sub-category
pages from the Event category to also be in event date order, ie if my
Event category is events and there is a sub-category of outing, then the
outing category page also be in event date order.

>I think it would be a good idea for me to write a HOWTO. If I documented
>the internals to make writing your own stuff easier, it might encourage
>you guys to dust off your text editors! If we have a bunch of different
>functions, then we could put each one in its own widget, and give people
>choice without over-complicating things.
>
>Good idea?

That would be very helpful. Yes.

Thanks

Jeff