[EventCalendar] Remove post date and monthly archive

Steve Faure steve at insidenorthside.com
Thu Jul 12 03:48:51 UTC 2007

Ok,

First, my complements to the chef...the plugin is just what I need to help
the transition from a static, content heavy site to a dynamic, interactive,
content heavy site. I’ve dug through the archives, and have some clue as to
what I need to do.

First, remove the post date from calendar entry posts. I’m going to be
filling in 2 months worth of local events, and I think it will be confusing
for the readers to see two dates, the post date and the schedule date, on
the entry. The code for my theme’s post.php that I need to not display if
the post category equals the event category is

<?php the_time('D j M Y'); ?></p>

I know from the post HYPERLINK
"http://wpcal-archive.firetree.net/2007-June/002006.html"http://wpcal-archiv
e.firetree.net/2007-June/002006.html that
the use of an “if” statement like “if (!in_category('9'))” (nine being my
event category)

can do the trick, I’m just not PHP savvy enough to actually get it to work.
I would just wipe that line out from the template altogether, but the main
blog entries will contain announcements and news for which the post date
will be pertinent.

Issue 2 is the “keep events separate” option works to keep calendar posts
off the front page, but I’d like to keep them off the monthly archive pages
as well. I’ll have 30 calendar entries vying for attention with the news and
announcements that the main posts will be used for.

Blogsite: HYPERLINK
"http://www.insidenorthside.com/insideblog/"http://www.insidenorthside.com/i
nsideblog/

Using ec 3.1.1._rc1, wp version 2.2.1