[EventCalendar] Re: Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

Jacob Kennedy jacob.kennedy at sears.ca
Thu Jul 26 16:47:06 UTC 2007

I disagree that it's a WP problem.  The default install for WP works
whether the domain is prefixed with "www" or not.  I modified the header
code and it seems to work well in a few of the instances I've tried
(http://www.dourodukes.com, http://dourodukes.com,
http://php.kennedydatasolutions.com/squeezers)...

I think if we can avoid instructing users to manually edit the .htaccess
file we should.  Besides, it's mostly unnecessary.  Let's not blame WP for
breaking when we install our code ;-)

In eventcalendar.php around line 88:

        ec3.home='<?php
        $test_home = 'http://'.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
        if( substr(get_settings('home'),0,strlen($test_home)) ==
$test_home) {
                echo get_settings('home');
        } else {
                echo
preg_replace('/(.*\:\/\/)[^\/]*(\/.*)?/',"$1".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']."$2",get_settings('home'));
        } ?>';

Best regards,

Jacob

"Dr. Peter Troxler" <peter.troxler at gmx.net>
Sent by: eventcalendar-bounces at firetree.net
07/26/2007 11:53 AM
Please respond to
Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>

Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [EventCalendar] Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open

the short answer is: rtfm -- 1. post on wpcal.firetree.net

there is ongoing discussion how wp handles hosts with/without www.

depending on how you set up wp (i.e. use www or not) everything works or
it breaks when you use (or omit) the www

there are also instructions how to change hour .htaccess file to fix that
problem.  it is a wp problem rather than an ec problem.