[EventCalendar] ec3_get_calendar() vs. permalinks

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Jul 28 21:09:02 UTC 2007

On 2007-07-28 , at 09:30 , Chris Janton wrote:

> I have 2 blogs with event calendars. On one the sidebar calendar
> works when I click on the previous/next month indicators.
> On the other it doesn't.

now I have both blogs working.

After a bunch of reading and trying to decipher Javascript that is
kind of opaque to me...

I found the admonition of "someone is hijacking the window.onload
function"

I am using a banner rotating script that certainly needed (according
to the docs) to have a window.onload stuffed in the body tag of the
HTML page.

As soon as I removed the offender from the body tag the ec3
Javascripts started working.

I made a small change to the banner rotator scripts - code plucked
from ec3.js

At the end of my banner script I added this line

	ec31();

At the beginning of my banner script I added this

function RBWindowOnload(f)
{
   var prev=window.onload;
   window.onload=function(){ if(prev)prev(); f(); }
}

function ec31 ()
{
   RBWindowOnload( function() { bannerchanger("banner"); } );
}

Vòila

8)