[EventCalendar] Show next event on front page

Mark Naylor MarkNaylor at signet-solutions.com
Fri Jun 1 09:18:58 UTC 2007

Hi Alf,
I'm sure this could be done more elegantly, but here's what I would do.

I believe you could do that with 2 loops, the first looking for the
event category, and only one post of that.
The 2nd loop as usual.
Example code, from codex to list 1 post. There must be (tho I don't know
it) a variable you can ask for to sort the posts in the way you want.

  // Get the last 1 posts in the event category.
  <?php query_posts('category_name=event&showposts=1'); ?>

  <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    <!-- Do special_cat stuff... -->
  <?php endwhile;?>

Mark