[EventCalendar] sorting prior events most recent first?

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Fri Jun 8 05:11:36 UTC 2007

On 2007-06-07 , at 16:37 , TomRSmith wrote:

> In my situation I would like to provide a link to previous events, but
> have them displayed in reverse order, that is, most recent first. I
> am now
> using
> ?ec3_before=today
> and it does what I want except the result is in chronological order. I
> desire reverse chronological. Can this be done? If so, would
> appreciate a
> few suggestions on how to implement it.

When I go to

	http://mysite/news/?ec3_before=today

the posts are listed in reverse chronological order. The events are
whatever is set for those posts.

In the sidebar (upcoming events list) you can achieve a reverse order
by changing the ORDER BY on the
select statement to "ORDER BY start DESC".

It appears that the addition of another, optional, parameter on the
function ec3_get_events that controls the order of the events might
do the trick.

8)