[EventCalendar] how to show EC event with full info on home page

Alf Haakon Lund alf at galleritexas.no
Mon Jun 25 20:06:41 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I'm running a site similar to yours at http://aas-stasjon.no/
(Norwegian only) and was struggling with the same problem. Mark Naylor
pointed me in the right direction in this post:

http://penguin.firetree.net/pipermail/eventcalendar/2007-June/001986.html

What I did was make an extra loop for my event category on top of the page:

   <h2>Neste arrangement</h2>
   <?php query_posts('ec3_after=today&showposts=1'); ?>
   <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
       <h3><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark"
title="Permanent lenke til <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title();
?></a></h3>
         <?php the_content('Les resten av dette innlegget &raquo;'); ?>
       <h4>Sjekk kalenderen for andre arrangement!</h4>
   <?php endwhile; ?>
   <?php else : ?>
     <h4 class="center">Ingen kommende arrangement</h4>
     <?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . "/searchform.php"); ?>
   <?php endif; ?>

Just put your exhibit category where I have event and you should be
moving in the right direction.

Regards, Alf