FW: [EventCalendar] WP 2.5.1 Big Calendar part VI: root of problem found?

Derek Ricciardi d.ricciardi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:27:48 UTC 2008

Hi Mary. I've been following your troubles with EventCalendar. I just
created a site that had the exact requirements that EventCalendar provided,
so I tried to get it to work. Thanks to your working BigCalendar files, I
got that portion working. The small calendar links problem has actually been
addressed in SourceForge and someone supplied a diff patch that would fix
it.

So, by combining that patch with your files, I have everything working. I
haven't seen any problems with it, so hopefully this will help you. You can
download my version here:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/57205/eventcalendar3-WP2.5.1.zip

Let me know if you find anything wrong with it, since it will probably be
wrong on my site as well.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Mary Canady <mcanady at comprendiagroup.com>wrote:

>  Hello!
>

> Hope someone answers soon, my knowledge of Roman Numerals is sketchy.
> Again, I'm using WP 2.5.1 and the big caIendar patch along with the WP 2.5
> patch, and the files can be found here.
>

> http://comprendiagroup.com/eventcalendarWORKS.zip
>

> The problem is that the day links from the small calendar don't work—they
> either give a 404 error, or list the event posted on that day, but not the
> one that occurred that day. I think I figured out the root of my problem. My
> events are not seen as being in the event category, sometimes. When I look
> at an individual post, it appears to be in the events category, and also on
> the "manage posts" page. But, when I try to look at all posts in the
> category "Events", or do a query in the front end or back end (I was trying
> to put the same footer text on all events) it doesn't come up with any
> posts. The queries to get the big calendars work, I use "
> ec3_get_calendar("testing",1,'18')" to get all events in a specific
> category. For now, I took the small calendar off of the site, as the big
> calendar appears to be working. Hopefully, if anyone out there is debugging,
> the above paragraph will lead them in the right direction. Use
> comprendiagroup.com if you want to look at my site.* If you are developer,
> and will work on this for a fee, tell me what your hourly rate is and how
> long it would take you, and my company will pay you if the price is right.
> *
>

> Thanks!
>

> Mary Canady

~Derek Ricciardi