[EventCalendar] Upcoming Events sidebar in IE - bleeding off page!

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sun Dec 7 17:45:20 UTC 2008

Hi Benjamin,

On 7 Dec 2008, at 17:00, benjamin k roe wrote:

> Hello folks – apologies if this thread has appeared before, but I
> haven’t
> seen anything on this forum with quite the same problem:   I’ve just
> recently added the Event Calendar and “upcoming events” widget to the
> sidebar of our Historic Harpers Ferry site
> (http://www.historicharpersferry.com) and it works splendidly

Nope. Your calendar is broken. It's being done by the "pb-embedflash"
plug-in which had dropped this into your page...

   window.onload = function() {var options ={...

You need to turn off the pb-embedflash plug-in, or fix it so that it's
not grabbing exclusive use of the window.onload event. One solution is
described here:

   http://blog.firetree.net/2005/07/17/javascript-onload/

You should contact the plug-in's author and report the problem.

> — EXCEPT that
> the first letter in “December” bleeds off the left-hand margin.   This
> problem seems to be confined to IE — it works fine in Safari and
> Firefox –
> but despite a morning of tweaking columns and sidebars and font sizes
> nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?  I’m running WP 2.6.3.
> Thanks!

Sorry, I can't help you with that one - I don't have IE. Hopefully
someone else here will be able to help with the presentation issue.