[EventCalendar] schedule broken in category view

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Dec 10 08:49:22 UTC 2008

Go here: http://wpcal.firetree.net and use the search box.

> The event schedule is displayed perfectly when looking at the post,
> but when
> I click on the category view, the schedule display is broken, tried
> on 2
> sites.

It's not broken, your theme is just not set up the way you want.

> Post view:
> http://www.jeffdodson.com/2008/12/09/test-event/  (working)

This is a single page (probably single.php in your theme).

> Event category view:
> http://www.jeffdodson.com/category/events/  (broken)

This is an archive page (probably archive.php) in your theme.

Your archive template calls the_excerpt() so what you are seeing is
the excerpt. That's a piece of text that's designed for RSS feeds, or
twitter or whatever.

If you don't like that, then just change your theme. Use the_content()
instead of the_excerpt().