[EventCalendar] Events in "Category Archive"

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:25:01 UTC 2008

On 12/9/08, Casey Ho <cc_man_ho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a theme that I found via WP website. How abouts should I modify
> the theme?

Without knowing the theme I can only guess ... most of the time folks
use the wp_list_categories() template tag (I would guess) which lists
all the categories as links --
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_categories

So, if your template is using this tag to generate its list of
categories (or if you are using the widget) then you would need to add
an arugment to the wp_list_categories() function to exclude the event
category and then insert the link that takes you were you want to go
... for example: wp_list_categories('exclude=10') #if 10 were your
event category ID.  Then you would add the link manually to the theme
where you wanted it.

That would be one way to do it.

Damon