[EventCalendar] localization of jscalendar

Rolf Ohl pademon9 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:10:02 UTC 2008

2008/12/10 Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net>

> On 10 Dec 2008, at 12:58, Rolf Ohl wrote:
>
>  I had some trouble with the german localization because it doesn't involve
>> jscalendar. After downloading and installing jscalendar-de.js and some
>> minor
>>
>> adjustments, there remains still one problem:
>>
>> When I pick a date from jscalendar, I get an english notation in the input
>> field. e.g. 2008-12-10 11:00
>>

> That's not "English" notation, it's ISO standard notation (ISO 8601). You
> can't localise it, because it's the same in every locale.

Thank you Alex.

Letme refine my problem:
When I pick a date from jscalendar, I get an ugly ISO notation in an input
field, e.g. 2008-12-10 11:00  which certainly will confuse most of the
(german) users of my site.

What I'd prefer is a notation they are more more familiar with.

As far as I can see, this means:
1. calling Calendar.setup with e.g.
ifFormat : "%d.%m.%Y%I:%M"
2. Implementing a filter which converts the value of the date input field
into ISO notation whenever that date is read by ec3 to store it in the
database.
3. Implementing another filter which converts the values from the database
into the new "custom notation" whenever ec3 populates a date input field for
jscalendar.

Writing the filters wouldn't be that much a problem. Where I'm lost is where
exactly (and maybe how) in the source code of ec3 one could provide the
hooks for these filters.