[EventCalendar] Google Calendar Synch with Events Calendar

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Dec 16 09:26:40 UTC 2008

On 16 Dec 2008, at 01:15, Mark wrote:

> For some reason i could synch events with Mozilla Thunderbird's
> calendar called Lightning - but not with Google.
>
> Google only accomplished importing the events "statically" - future
> events added did not appear dynamically on the Google calendar only
> Thunderbird's calendar -
>
> It sounds like I may have my protocol incorrect

Try EC v3.2.x, I think you might find that it synchs as well as imports.

The same problem exists with OSX's iCal. There is an iCalendar field
called "SEQUENCE" which is supposed to increment every time an event
changes. Newer versions of iCal (and perhaps Google Calendar) use it
to work out whether they should bother re-reading the calendar.

EC v3.2 supports the SEQUENCE field.