[EventCalendar] Problem with wp_list_categories() and EC 3.1.4

Ben Hayes ben at jackfruitdesign.com
Tue Dec 16 13:57:11 UTC 2008

I'm running WP 2.7

I have a list of categories functioning as sub-navigation. So in other
words I get the children of  the current category and list them using
wp_list_categories().

    $cat = get_the_category();
    $parentId = $cat[0]->parent;
    wp_list_categories('order=DESC&title_li=&child_of=' . $parentId);

I have a category called 'Events' for which I'm using the EC plugin.
So 'events' is just one item in my subnavigation alongside other things.

It works fine if there is at least 1 event in the current view (i.e.
it shows a calendar with at least 1 event on it). But if the calendar
is empty, then it breaks my wp_list_categories code and instead just
lists all categories (i.e. it breaks the sub-navigation).

Any ideas how I could fix this? It used to be OK in EC version 3.1.1

Thanks

Ben

P.S. I don't know if this is intentional (maybe it is) but it is
impossible to leave comments on http://wpcal.firetree.net/ because you
have to register first and there's no link to register...

Ben Hayes
Jackfruit Design Ltd
www.jackfruitdesign.com
+44 (0) 20 7193 1162
Skype: jackfruitdesign

Registered office: 'Diamonds', Bells Yew Green, Tunbridge Wells, Kent,
TN3 9AX
Registered in England and Wales no 5939030

This email is intended for the person or organisation to whom it is
addressed. The contents are confidential and may be protected in law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of it may be unlawful.