[EventCalendar] Customising ec3_get_events display

James Kirsop james.kirsop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 02:28:17 UTC 2008

I think I've discovered a bug in 3.2 -- I can't seem to get the
ec3_listing=events to work at all (just by adding it to the query
string, or by the two options suggested below). I'm running WP 2.6.3
and the latest downloaded zip of the 3.2 dev.

On 23/12/2008, at 2:41 AM, Alex Tingle wrote:

> You could just add the GET parameter ec3_listing=events into the
> ReWrite rule in your .htaccess file.
>
> Alternatively, you could try this simple plug-in:
>
> <?php
> /*
> Plugin Name: EC3 Events Only
> Version: 1.0
> Plugin URI: http://wpcal.firetree.net
> Author: Alex Tingle
> Author URI: http://blog.firetree.net/
> */
>
> /** Force default query to be ec3_listing=EVENTS. */
> function EC3EO_filter_parse_query(&$wp_query)
> {
>  if(empty($wp_query->ec3_listing))
>    $wp_query->ec3_listing = 'EVENTS';
> }
>
> // Make sure the filter runs *after* EC3's.
> add_filter('parse_query', 'EC3EO_filter_parse_query', 11);
>
> ?>

>>> If you need finer control, then have a look at the advanced queries:
>>> http://wpcal.firetree.net/advanced-queries/
>> Some of these are great, but require some tweaking for what I'm
>> looking for. Eg. I'd like to show events from 'This Week' -- which
>> shows events from the Sunday before the current date, to the sunday
>> following the current date -- as opposed to showing the 'next 7
>> days' which is what I've been using as a substitute until I work
>> out how to get the desired listing.
>>>

> You should be able to do that with a custom query. Calculate your
> start and end dates and then use something like:
>
>  query_posts("ec3_after=START&ec3_before=END");
>
> You can use query_posts() to drive a main loop, but it's best to
> make your own query object for a sidebar...
>
>  $query = new WP_Query();
>  $query->query("ec3_after=START&ec3_before=END")
>  if($query->have_posts())
>  {
>
> Look at the implementation of ec3_get_events() in template-functions-
> new.phph for a fully worked out example.

Great, thanks. Will do that when I get a few other things sorted out
first and let you know how I go.

Regards,
james